planet via https (was Re: redmine main page)

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Tue Jan 10 20:13:40 UTC 2017

> On 9 Jan 2017, at 20:22, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:
>
> Dear all,

Hi!

> There probably was never any intention to have planet.osmocom.org be
> reachable via https, at least not consciously and not by me.  It is
> probably simply an artefact of some other https service running on the
> same IP address, completely unrelated.

my apologies for temporarily adding HSTS without fully understanding
the consequences. Time will solve it (and make browsers expire it but
I don't remember the max-age that I used)

> An alternative solution might be a reverse proxy, with a https-proxy at
> the osmocom server, which then forwards wia http to the real server
> (openmoko)?

This might be a neat solution to fix-up the HSTS issue I caused. I would
not want to separate the three planes but playing proxy sounds reasonable.

Shall I create a ticket for you updating the DNS to point to the usual
CNAME for our Osmocom webservices?

thank you

	holger