libosmocore[master]: libosmocoding: migrate transcoding routines from OsmoBTS

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Jan 4 10:28:58 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 04, 2017 at 08:55:45AM +0000, Vadim Yanitskiy wrote:
> I think it's due to --enable-sanitize, because
> when I am trying to compile libosmocore this way:
>
>  ./configure --enable-static --enable-sanitize
>  make check
>
> Some other tests fail (current master version, clang-3.6):
>
>  Regression tests.
>   8: gea                                             FAILED (testsuite.at:51)
>   9: msgfile                                         FAILED (testsuite.at:59)
>  15: lapd                                            FAILED (testsuite.at:96)
>  16: gsm0808                                         FAILED (testsuite.at:102)
>  17: gsm0408                                         FAILED (testsuite.at:108)
>  30: bssgp-fc                                        FAILED (testsuite.at:190)

I pushed some fixes,see https://gerrit.osmocom.org/1530 and
https://gerrit.osmocom.org/1531  - the remaining failures are all
LeakSanitizer warnings, and I suspect that while we release all memory
back to talloc, talloc itself doesn't release it back to glibc
malloc/free, and hence LeakSanitizer is kicking in.

A quick online search didn't seem like anyone else has yet come up with
a solution for this, so I guess we should turn it off.  I remember some
discussion on the list about a year ago where the concensus was to
disable LeakSanitizer by environment variables on the buildhost anyway?