sysmo-usim-tool / pySim

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 13:27:03 UTC 2017

Hi,

> The question is now whether you want this in the same repository or a
> separate one.  The two code-bases share nothing in tems of their
> implementation. They are completely separate.  So it would just be
> convenience feature for the user not to have to check out two
> repositories.  I'm not quite sure whether to create a new repo or to
> have it in pySim-prog.  Do you (Sylvain, but also generally people on
> the list) have any preference?

I don't really mind either way.

It's a bit of a shame that they're completely separate TBH since some
of the functionality is duplicated (if you look at Card and Simcard
classes, those have close equivalen in the pySim code). Would have
been better if the helper classes of pySim had been extended to
support this IMHO (like different CLA and things like that).

> The license currently states unintentionally AGPLv3, we'll change that
> to GPLv2-or-later before a possible merge.

Yeah, keeping to the one-repo-one-license is probably best.

Cheers,

   Sylvain