the near and further future of osmo-nitb

Keith keith at rhizomatica.org
Wed Feb 15 17:28:23 UTC 2017

On 14 February 2017 17:40:01 CET, Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de> wrote:

>(Note that at first, OsmoNITB will still have an SQlite database file,
>which will be used for storage of SMS data, only.)

It sounds great to be able to freely manipulate directly the sqlite subscribers now.
So no more equipment, equipmentwatch, but I see an imei field in osmoHLR, so will the subscriber auto create mechanism work,  'logging' IMSIs and IMEIs as such?

I'm interested in the future of the SMSC. I have a python script ( that i''ll push to contrib once I iron out something with multipart messages in different charsets ) - it is reading the sms queue in order to pull out sms that are for destinations that are no longer on that nitb. It's a problem with having the sms queue inside the nitb. I need to.consequently delete sms and I intend to do this via the VTY, so I began looking at implementing some kindbof 'show sms-queue' and 'delete sms ID x'.
But maybe this is not worth doing now?

It doesn't seem like a lot of work, even for me, to 'port' the subscriber manipulation commands to an osmo HLR vty. Is it desirable though, if there is now now problem writing the sqlite while osmoHLR has it open?