Error while building osmo-bts for sysmoBTS

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Feb 10 12:38:22 UTC 2017

Hi Neels and Ivaylo,

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 01:19:15PM +0100, Neels Hofmeyr wrote:
> Just pulled the newest libosmocore and SDK
> https://downloads.sysmocom.de/generic/sysmobts/201310-nightly/sdk/poky-eglibc-i686-meta-toolchain-osmo-armv5te-toolchain-osmo-1.5.4-20170210020032.sh
> and got the same error.
>
> For general solutions: the SDK apparently provides optarg, so we could use that
> instead of argparse.

No, let's not go back there.  We've been through that discussion.

> We could also try to find out why there is no argparse, but it seems to be more
> effort; the potential reason being packaging choices further upstream that
> might cause continuous efforts to work around??

I'd say it just needs the right package name added to
packagegroup-sdk-osmo.inc in
https://github.com/sysmocom/meta-telephony/blob/master/recipes-osmocom/packagegroup/packagegroup-sdk-osmo.inc

Also, as this discussion relates to the sysmocom SDK for a specific type
of sysmocom products, I don't think we should bother the Osmocom mailing
list with this.