Call for Osmocom sysadmins (Re: gerrit load)

Keith keith at rhizomatica.org
Fri Dec 29 16:54:16 UTC 2017

On 20/12/2017 15:24, Harald Welte wrote:

> Do we have people in this
> community who would be interested in volunteering as sysadmins for the
> Osmocom.org infrastructure?
>
> I think this is an idea opportunity for people who are not developers
> but still want to contribute - or even for developers but those who
> (think they) don't have the low-level C or telecom skills to work on Osmocom.

Well, with 25+ years experience of sysadmin and some
month(s) of low-level C, I can't but raise a hand here!
I'm familiar with some of the mentioned infrastructure, not
all, same goes probably for the so-called DevOps requirements.
but then.. if there's one thing that hasn't changed in 25
years, it's the basic HOWTO process of getting to grips with
new tech.

:-)

k/