about that line width...

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Tue Dec 12 23:27:48 UTC 2017

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 03:00:24PM +0100, Max wrote:
> On 12.12.2017 14:04, Neels Hofmeyr wrote:
> > One objective argument against 120 is the gerrit website: scrolling
> > left/right there is annoying, because
>
> No that's purely subjective: you can enable line wrapping in web UI preferences which
> will guarantee that you don't have to scroll left-right.

Ah thanks, didn't know about the line wrapping option.

Now that I think of it, could possibly adjust font size in the browser as well

But still, the entire topic is purely subjective by definition -- except for
the fact that lines that wrap or need to be scrolled are harder to read than
unwrapped and unscrolled ones. Which is why we limit line width.

My subjective favorite has moved to 100 now.

> I'm ok with current default of 120.

Ok.

Sure, 120 was accepted, and it will probably stay that way unless there's
resounding resonance...

~N