BSC+BTS SI + LAPD validation, TTCN-3 Testsuite

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Aug 24 20:50:09 UTC 2017

Hi Max,

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 07:02:24PM +0200, Max wrote:
> Great to see it's progressing!

thanks.

> Would it make sense to add osmo-ttcn3-hacks to gerrit to facilitate contributions?

sure, but I think the bigger topic at the moment is that people have to get a
working TTCN-3 setup on their system (I'm using debian 9 which has the compiler
included) and understand how to write TTCN-3 code.  gerrit is probably a rather
small step in comparison.

> Maybe even dropping "-hacks" part :)

I don't mind it that much.  we still have bsc_hack.c in openbsc.git, after all. But yes,
we could rename it to osmo-ttcn3-tests.

> I've added some dependency information to
> https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Titan_TTCN3_Notes
> Does it require particular version of eclipse-titan?

I'm using 6.2.0 as shipped with debian 9 (which you can see from the docker-playground.git)

> I've hit following while trying it:
> RLCMAC_CSN1_Types.ttcn:228.19-23: error: at or before token `'B': syntax error,
> unexpected Bstring, expecting Number or '-'
> RLCMAC_CSN1_Types.ttcn:229.19-23: error: at or before token `'B': syntax error,
> unexpected Bstring, expecting Number or '-'

Not sure about that.  I'm not a TITAN expert.  In case of doubt, contact
the official forum, their support is excellent.

> That's when running 'make' in sysinfo subdir after gen_links.sh and regen_makefile.sh
> Or maybe I'm just doing it wrong?
>
> I've tried to run "./start-testsuite.sh sysinfo/Test.ttcn sysinfo/Test.cfg" but got

Replace 'Test.ttcn' with 'Test'.  You need to specify the compiled executable, not the source code.

> ttcn3_start: warning: TTCN3_DIR environment variable is not set

no problem with this

> MC2> spawn ./sysinfo/Test.ttcn pbell 33117
> couldn't execute "./sysinfo/Test.ttcn": permission denied
>     while executing

that's clear, the source code is not an executable and thus doesn't execute

> Is it supposed to be run as root?

no.

> What shall I set TTCN3_DIR to?

no need to set it, I think this is mostly in case you're not using a Debian/Distro
package but install all of TTCN3 in a /opt/... directory or the like, as opposed
to /usr/lib + /usr/share, etc.