proper way to change network time/timezone

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 20:41:58 UTC 2017

Hi Pablo,

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 8:07 PM, Pablo Neira Ayuso <pablo at gnumonks.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 02:54:55PM +0300, Alexander Chemeris wrote:
> > Hello Mille,
> >
> > I made a bunch of fixes for time handling in SMS back in 2014, but
> > those patches have never been merged master I think. If you want to
> > rebase them onto the current master, they may help you (or may not -
> > they have fixed a lot, but I don't remember about this issue
> > specifically).
> >
> > The patches reside in the achemeris/sms_fixes branch of openbsc:
> > https://cgit.osmocom.org/openbsc/log/?h=achemeris/sms_fixes
>
> Ugh. This branch is from the stone age, 2014.

Yes, it was a long time ago, so even I forgot what was there. It's not
related to the topic in question, but this patch is not yet merged and
I don't see this properly supported in master branch still?
https://cgit.osmocom.org/openbsc/commit/?h=achemeris/sms-validity-fix&id=c70e1282d692e376542b3f789e5340d02af78f17

But after looking a bit more into this, the patches which I *actually*
meant are in the related libosmocore:
https://cgit.osmocom.org/libosmocore/log/?h=achemeris/sms-fixes
https://cgit.osmocom.org/libosmocore/log/?h=daniel/scts-fixes

Again, I don't see this merged upstream or somehow else implemented
there unless I'm missing something?

Alexander Chemeris.
CTO/Founder, Fairwaves, Inc.
https://fairwaves.co