Build failure of network:osmocom:nightly/openbsc in Debian_9.0/x86_64

Harald Welte hwelte at sysmocom.de
Sun Aug 13 08:41:45 UTC 2017

Hi Neels,

I've tried to reproduce this, unfortunately without success.

My steps were as follows:

* install a fresh Debian 9.0 VM image from "bento/debian-9.0"
* install all build dependencies from official debian repository, namely:
  git build-essential autoconf libtool doxygen pkg-config libpcsclite-dev libtalloc-dev bumpversion
  autoconf-archive libdbi-dev libpcap-dev libssl-dev libc-ares-dev libortp-dev libsctp-dev libxml2-dev
* for pkg in libosmocore libosmo-abis libosmo-netif libosmo-sccp libsmpp34 openggsn
** git clone
** dpkg-buildpackage
** dpkg -i resulting .deb

This gets me up to a point in having openggsn + all its dependencies installed

Then I proceed with git-clone + dpkg-buildpackage for openbsc.git, and it works just as expected.
No errors. Specifically:

checking for LIBOSMOCORE... yes
checking for LIBOSMOVTY... yes
checking for LIBOSMOCTRL... yes
checking for LIBOSMOGSM... yes
checking for LIBOSMOABIS... yes
checking for LIBOSMOGB... yes
checking for LIBOSMONETIF... yes
checking for LIBCRYPTO... yes
checking for LIBOSMOSCCP... yes
checking for LIBOSMOSCCP... yes
checking for LIBSMPP34... yes
checking for LIBGTP... yes
checking for LIBCARES... yes

libgtp has:
	/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig/libgtp.pc
and contains
	Version: 0.94.3-37d5

So I'm a bit at a loss what OBS-specific bits might be required, if it
simply builds on a plain Debian 9.

--
- Harald Welte <hwelte at sysmocom.de>             http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Alt-Moabit 93