Accelerate3g5 femto-cell configuration

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Apr 30 18:21:00 UTC 2017

Hi Nikolya,

On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 02:26:59PM +0300, Nikolya wrote:
> It may not be an appropriate mail-list to ask questions about OsmoBTS inside
> femto-cell of  Accelerate3g5 "promo", but i need some directions.

This list is the right place.

> I undestand that i need to build OpenBSC (OpenNITM), so that femto-cell
> start "working" .

Where have you found any references to OsmoNITB for running a 3G
network?  Pleaes let us know, because we must make sure that there is no
misleading information in our wiki, manuals or other documentation.

Please follow the instructions indicated at
https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Getting_Started_with_3G

> But i can't find any documentation regarding how to
> configure OsmoBTS inside femto-cell .

There is no OsmoBTS on a 3G/3.5G femtocell, as there is no BTS in
3G/3.5G networks.  A BTS only exists in 2G/2.5G/2.75G (GSM/GPRS/EDGE).