[RFC] Coding Style: Longer Line Lengths?

Pablo Neira Ayuso pablo at gnumonks.org
Thu Apr 6 15:35:38 UTC 2017

On Wed, Apr 05, 2017 at 04:43:09PM +0200, Harald Welte wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> for egoistical reasons I'm in favor of a limit of 100 to 106 characters
> only.  Otherwise I can no longer fit three terminal windows next to each
> other on a (these day standard minimum display width) of 1920, which
> would be a major step back in terms of being able to look at multiple
> source files simultaneously.

If you update this, I would prefer 100 or so too.

Unless you use very long function names, the only reason that I've
seen for people to go over that boundary is a symptom of low quality
code.

I don't think asking for this is egoistical, it's a technical reason.
Long lines are quality metric on code.