bts lchan loopback vty command -- was: Query on run time control of network with VTY

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Wed Sep 21 15:16:27 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 05:47:34PM +0530, Dhananjay kumar wrote:
>  One more query regarding loop-back call :
>  "bts <0-0> trx <0-0> ts <0-7> lchan <0-1> loopback",
>
> we tried this command to start loop-back call once MS is registered to the
> network.
> But we are not seeing any loop-back call happening in nitb and osmo-bts
> logs.

This command only sets a loopback flag on a given lchan and does not actually
initiate a call. IIUC after setting the loopback, the loopback should happen
when you make a voice call using that time slot and lchan.
It might make more sense to start a call and set the loopback on the lchan
while the call is active. So this does not replace the other MS.

From the code it seems the loopback flag is not cleared before / after a voice
call, so it looks like the given lchan will remain a loopback for any number of
calls (that end up on that lchan).

I'm not 100% sure though, only skimmed the code briefly,
I've never used this before.

~Neels