OsmoBTS -> libosmogsm code migration

Vadim Yanitskiy axilirator at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 16:56:11 UTC 2016

Hi Harald,

> I think there's one option that I would prefer: Having a new library

Ok, one may be a separate library in separate repo, or may be included
into libosmocore as a sub-library, if re-licensing would be successful.
Let's go this way.

> like libosmogsmphy (or libosmogsm-phy or libosmogsm_phy?) which contains
> the gsm0503 code and has dependencies to libosmocore and libosmocodec.

IMHO, 'phy' may sound a little bit confusing. I would prefer something
like 'libosmo-coding' or 'libosmocoding', without 'gsm' prefix, because
there are GPRS and EDGE too. Also, this may be a potential place for
other transcoding things, unrelated to GSM at all. We are talking about
channel coging, right? :)

With best regards,
Vadim Yanitskiy.