multiple phy with osmo-trx

Tom Tsou tom at tsou.cc
Thu Oct 13 18:16:49 UTC 2016

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 7:34 AM, Max <msuraev at sysmocom.de> wrote:
> The question is - is there any difference between multiplexed and
> non-multiplexed mode for osmo-bts-trx config file? I've got multiplexed
> mode working with following setup:
>
> phy 0
>  instance 0
>  instance 1
>
>  trx 0
>   phy 0 instance 0
>  trx 1
>   phy 0 instance 1

I used the same configuration.

> Should it look differently for non-multiplexed mode? Are there some
> other command-line options or config files adjustments missing to make
> non-multiplexed mode working? Did I got the overall setup right?

Multiplexed and non-multiplexed configurations should look the same to
osmo-bts. The main difference will be on ARFCN settings.

Multiplexed (MCBTS) - TRX0 is the primary ARFCN. Channel spacing is
fixed at 4, so TRX1 and TRX2 must be set 4 and 8 ARFCN channels higher
than TRX0 respectively.

Non-multiplexed - ARFCN for each channel can be set within the
limitations of the RF device. This will vary depending on the
particular RF product.

  -TT