reverting commits / no voice / Re: problems compiling for sysmobts

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Sun Oct 9 22:01:01 UTC 2016

On Fri, Oct 07, 2016 at 08:10:29PM +0200, Harald Welte wrote:
> Can you please clarify.  When you say "on 1.5.4" you mean that you used
> a SDK/toolchain from 201310-nightly. However, did you also run a
> 201310-nightly filesystem on the BTS at that time?

So, what I usually do is

osmo*  ---make-install-->  SDK-sysroot  ---copy-->  bts:~/neels/lib
bts: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/neels/lib ; ~/neels/bin/osmo-bts

In words, compile the entire osmo toolchain that I use from libosmocore up,
installing *into* my computer's SDK's sysroot, and when all is built I copy the
binaries I want to test as well as the entire usr/lib/ from the SDK over to the
BTS ($SYSMO_SDK/sysroots/armv5te-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib). In the
environment to run those built binaries on the BTS, I point LD_LIBRARY_PATH at
the location where I copied the SDK's libraries. This should run the binaries
in the library scenario as intended by the SDK, also including the osmo libs
built in the same cycle, not actually using the older libs in bts:/usr/lib.

That's a quick way around re-installing the BTS from scratch. That should be
fine, right? Should I rather overwrite the entire root fs?

Thanks,

~Neels

--
- Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de>          http://www.sysmocom.de/