Dynamic TCH/F_PDCH does not work for CS call

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Fri Nov 11 17:18:55 UTC 2016

Dear Mrinal,

please be aware that TCH/F_PDCH is a pchan type that is designed for use with
ip.access nanoBTS exclusively. This BTS model understands a non-standard RSL
message to de-/activate PDCH ("PDCH Act"). Some of our other BTS software also
support this pchan kind: sysmoBTS, lc15 and osmo-bts-trx if I remember
correctly, but preferably use the pchan type TCH/F_TCH/H_PDCH in your osmo-bsc
or osmo-nitb config.

When you refer to a PS call, do you mean that GPRS service is used to place a
VoIP call? This is the same as saying that GPRS is functional.

There should be no significant difference in functionality concerning dynamic
timeslots (either kind) between master and commit 7bc6986f6ba, all commits that
"really matter" concerning dyn TS were already present in that revision.

Please verify your statements and/or accompany with log output,
and also try TCH/F_TCH/H_PDCH instead.

If the problem persists, please a) bisect to pinpoint the failing revision and
b) add full log output, preferably with DRSL and DNM logs set to debug level.

I verified that TCH/F_TCH/H_PDCH is functional on sysmobts with all the newest
commits just yesterday.

~Neels

--
- Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de>          http://www.sysmocom.de/