Regression in osmo-pcu with UHD trx ?

Saurabh Sharan Saurabh.Sharan at radisys.com
Mon May 30 09:58:27 UTC 2016

> Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 18:02:28 +0200
> From: Pierre Baudry <pierre.baudry at diateam.net>
> I noticed that since several weeks that osmo-pcu did not work as good as
> previously.

Yes we have also seen similar failures for GPRS calls in the osmo-pcu. Our setup uses NuRAN hardware with osmo-bts-sysmo

> The latest "good" revision I am aware of is commit
> d87e1d6ab747423d3668c74d16201a5d967accf0 (2015/12/14)

This is a useful information for us that the above mentioned commit works for GPRS.

> Can somebody confirm or reproduce this attitude ?

The PCU log that we have during failure matches with the one you have reported.
We have tried a workaround for this GPRS call failure by forcing two-phase-access in osmo-pcu.cfg.
Based on our analysis done till now it seems One phase access of GPRS is broken.

> I will try to provide more logs and a pcap capture as soon as I get
> hands back on the hardware.

It will be quite useful to narrow down the issue, so please share the relevant logs collected

Regards
Saurabh