Splitting out M3UA and MTP3 out of Open BSC into a separate library

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Thu May 26 13:42:55 UTC 2016

> On May 26, 2016, at 9:01 AM, Holger Freyther <holger at freyther.de> wrote:
>

>> On 24 May 2016, at 00:23, Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>
> Hi!
>

>> Developing a module for FreeRADIUS to support EAP-SIM and EAP-AKA authentication against a HLR.
>
> cool! I hope it is going to be Free Software?

I am encouraging it to be Free Software.

If it'd generate more enthusiasm for maintaining the M3UA/M2UA/MTP3 code outside of OpenBSC that might help my argument some :)

> If you need another HLR (either IPA + SCCP or through osmo-stp as M3UA ASP) to test against I can help you to set-up the Smalltalk HLR/AuC I wrote.

Cool! Yes that might be useful.

I also added support for Route Registration at the M3UA level, but have nothing to test against as their SG doesn't support it.

Is there anything I can test against in *osmo*?

Thanks,
-Arran