Dynamic parameter changing in OpenBsc/OpenBTS

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Sun May 22 14:46:40 UTC 2016

> On 22 May 2016, at 15:56, אילן וייס <ilqan678 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello

Hi!

> I saw that changing these parameters via Vty (telnet) affected only the openbsc.cfg and openbts.cfg files by saving the changes but actually the BSC was not affected from the changes - only after turning the BSC off and on. Can we avoid BSC "restart"?

some parameters take effect immediately, some the next time the BTS is connected, some (e.g. changing from CCCH to SDCCH+CCH) only on re-start. It would be super nice if you could start writing a section in the BSC/NITB manual about the parameters, what they do, where they are located (e.g. the SIs) and when updating them on VTY when they take effect.

Do you think you can start that?

holger