rate ctr examples

Max msuraev at sysmocom.de
Mon May 9 10:36:47 UTC 2016

Hi.

I'm working on documentation for (rate) counters infrastructure of
various Osmocom programs. I've got problems with getting working example
for rate_ctr. For instance:
./contrib/bsc_control.py -d localhost -g
"rate_ctr.per_hour.nat.bsc.sccp.conn" -p 4250
Got message: ERROR 1 Counter name not found.
Although in src/osmo-bsc_nat/bsc_nat_utils.c I see rate_ctr_group_desc
with prefix "nat.bsc" and several rate_ctr_desc (including "sccp.conn")
defined.

What would be the proper way to get those counters?

Note: I run
./src/osmo-bsc_nat/osmo-bsc_nat -c
./doc/examples/osmo-bsc_nat/osmo-bsc_nat.cfg
for tests built from latest master.

--
Max Suraev <msuraev at sysmocom.de> http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Alt-Moabit 93