test-ranap failures

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Mon May 2 17:06:17 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 02, 2016 at 03:08:49PM +0200, Harald Welte wrote:
> why git changed the author information, that's clearly not my intention.

np :)

> > I'm not sure how this reversal came to be in test-ranap.ok. All I know is it
> > works in master's HEAD, but not in 14da5411a4fbe05eccff5b4f0.
>
> do you know in which part of the message the byte reversal is happening?

Checked just now, it appears to be the
RANAP_UserPlaneMode_transparent_mode value in first.userPlaneInformation
of RANAP_ProtocolIE_ID_id_RAB_SetupOrModifyItem.

> did you actually check on your system tu build + run test-ranap in both
> master and the 14da5411a4fbe05eccff5b4f0 commit?

I rebuilt several commits separately and traced the test failures and
test-ranap.ok commits like that. The test failure output in my previous
mail is from test runs built on detached-heads of the commits I mentioned.

On master there was only the missing free error, on 14da5411a4fbe0 there
were both the missing free and the reversed bytes, while its parent
f764a15c2339 has only the reversal.

> I suspect the difference is actually related to the fact that I switched
> to an updated/fixed libasn1c in between, something that's unfortunately
> not visible in the git changelog of osmo-iuh.git :/

That would explain it at least :)

~Neels

--
- Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de>          http://www.sysmocom.de/