ANN: osmo-sip-connector

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Thu Mar 31 18:29:23 UTC 2016

Hi,

it is my pleasure to announce the osmo-sip-connector. It is a pure connector/translator/bridge from our NITB MNCC protocol to SIP (and vice versa). The sourcecode can be found here[1] and Debian 8.0 packages are available as part of the nightly packages[2] we are building. To run it a config file needs to be placed in /etc/osmocom/osmo-sip-connector.cfg. An example configuration can be found in doc/examples/ of the git repository.

The system is meant to contact (and be contacted) from a single SIP PBX, the system will not do RTP proxying and transcoding is left as exercise to the PBX. The system is using libosmocore/libosmovty and sofia-sip(-glib) for SIP. There is a custom evpoll.c that integrates Osmocore's event loop with glib.

As with every (new) software there is a long list of TODOs and we will address them:

	* Review logging and make sure enough context about call handling is present
	* Add VTY show commands (e.g. list calls and legs)
	* Add Stats/Counters to measure events and timing
	* Find a testing strategy
	* Implement a codec selection scheme that is good
	* IMSI based addressing
	* Release cause mapping
	* DTMF handling
	* Create a manual for it.

In the long run we might want to consider mapping LUs to SIP REGISTER and SMPP to SIP as well. But that is quite far away and just a vague idea right now.

kind regards
	holger

[1] http://git.osmocom.org/osmo-sip-connector/
[2] https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/network:osmocom:nightly/osmo-sip-connector