osmo-trx packaging

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Sun Mar 13 20:56:16 UTC 2016

Dear Tom,

I would like to move the debian/ directory from the fairwaves/master branch to master. Do you have objections of doing that or did you have a general look at the few commits that are in there?

In terms of packaging the only issue I see is that -march=native is being used which is likely to completely disable SSEX support. Did you look at ifunc for GCC[1]? Would you be open to explore such[2] a solution or would even have time to try it?

Is there a way to benchmark the effect easily?

kind regards
	holger

[1] https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Common-Function-Attributes.html#Common-Function-Attributes
[2] http://pasky.or.cz/dev/glibc/ifunc.c