patchwork "fork" at freedesktop.org/intel

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Tue Mar 8 13:12:09 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 07, 2016 at 10:14:10PM +0100, Holger Freyther wrote:
> Could we get a consensus how we know where to apply the patch to?

I had basically the same question when I started in the osmocom code a
while back. It was mostly for not having to search around to understand
the context. That problem is by now pretty much "fixed", I mostly know
what's going on and anyway have a ctags file across all the git
repositories to find things easily...

The based-on-parent-hash approach sounds like a good solution for robots?
But I'm not sure how that works in detail. Are we talking about this?

  index d9d7390..47f3fa7 100644

It seems to be the hash for the file object, not the parent commit.
So one could look for this hash in the git objects database...?

It should definitely be something that works automatically, because we
*will* forget anything that must be remembered manually.

~Neels

--
- Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de>          http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Alt-Moabit 93