GPRS on osmo-trx not working

Tom Tsou tom at tsou.cc
Wed Jun 29 23:30:38 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 3:49 PM, Alexander Chemeris
<alexander.chemeris at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I remember this part of the code correctly, this zeroing is required to
> make this work when there are lost bursts. E.g. if you need 4 bursts, but
> you only received bursts 0, 1 and 2 you should let the device know that your
> missing burst 3. If you don't do that, decoder won't run at all and to will
> miss what could be a decodable frame.

I see. In that case, the PDTCH behavior may not be unusual, but PTCCH
case is certainly strange. On PTCCH, the spare burst seems to be
triggering such that the 4 segment block sent to the decoder is always
all zeros.

I'm testing in controlled conditions and closely monitoring signal
levels. I don't think we're missing PTCCH bursts in this case. I seems
like osmo-bts is attempting to decode something that doesn't actually
exist.

  -TT