gerrit on all repos?

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Thu Jun 16 12:04:23 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 07:11:06PM +0200, Max wrote:
> Repository over git.osmocom.org/osmo-trx is not (yet?) converted to gerrit.

I believe that we could move all repositories to gerrit now.
Are there reasons to keep some of the repositories out of gerrit?

Almost all of my problems with gerrit have been resolved, and the last one is
solved by not pushing private branches to gerrit. Instead, I have my own bare
git clones on our sysmocom-office machine to sync my home and office work.  It
would be nice to be able to publicly push private branches again, and indeed I
think the fix for gerrit wouldn't be too difficult, but for now I'm fine.

I would like to switch all projects to 'rebase-if-necessary', but first want to
verify the differences to the cherry-pick strategy. IIRC cherry-pick is no good
for commits that depend on each other, but only 80% sure about that...

~Neels

--
- Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de>          http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Alt-Moabit 93