building 3G now needs --enable-iu

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Fri Jun 3 01:24:44 UTC 2016

Dear 3G folks,

this is to draw your attention to the new --enable-iu flag added to openbsc's
./configure on the sysmocom/iups branch (and awaiting approval on gerrit right
now https://gerrit.osmocom.org/189 ).

So if you update your sysmocom/iups branch and want to re-build for 3G, you now
have to pass --enable-iu to ./configure, or no Iu* interface support will
actually be built. (This means we can omit libasn1c etc. for a 2G build.)

* We should probably add --enable-iu to the jenkins build soon -- either to
always include it, or if we have the build time, as another matrix multiplier,
I mean build once with --enable-iu and once without.
It would make sense to add --enable-iu to jenkins before I go on to submit any
more IuPS branch commits for review.

* But we should merge the 3G branches in the other repositories to their
masters before adding --enable-iu to the jenkins build:
	asn1c.git		aper-prefix
	libosmo-sccp.git	sysmocom/iu
	libosmo-sigtran.git	sysmocom/sctp
Any help there would be appreciated.

* To be able to add --enable-iu to jenkins, we need to add asn1c,
libasn1c, libosmo-sigtran and osmo-iuh to the build.

I will have my attention directed mostly to other tasks, but I hope we can get
these things done along the way.

~Neels

--
- Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de>          http://www.sysmocom.de/