Gerrit mails, from address, verbosity, etc

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Jun 2 12:40:19 UTC 2016

Hi Holger,

On Thu, Jun 02, 2016 at 02:17:51PM +0200, Holger Freyther wrote:
> I agree it is too many mails. I would like to see the patch (and
> updated patches) and comments to it. "Merged", "+2" with no human
> comment should probably not be here. Is this something you can deal
> with?

I _think_ so.  But in the case of doubt, it could all be moved.  I think
if the list has 90% patches + reviews, it will be uninteresting for
people outside the development team to subscribe to it, and users could
feel intimidated to actually raise questions.  At the same time, the
project is too small to start separate -user and -devel mailing lists,
either.

But let's see what other have to say about it.

> PS: Don't hold your breath but mail -> gerrit using the http API (and
> ignoring who commented, unless I can forge that easily) seems quite
> easy to do as well.

Great, but I think it's not the most important issue to spend time on at
this point...