speech frame loss compensation

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 04:11:12 UTC 2016

Hi Max,

Could you explain what are you trying to solve? I may be able to help, but
I don't really understand what you're trying to achieve.

Your conversion to ms is wrong. Narrowband codecs have 8000 samplerate, so
with 160 samples in a packet, packet duration is 160/8000 = 20ms. But I
don't see why do you need this conversion? I would think that working with
samples is a better approach, because you operate with integers and don't
have issues associated with floating numbers (rounding issues, comparison
requires epsilon, etc).

Please excuse typos. Written with a touchscreen keyboard.

Alexander Chemeris
CEO Fairwaves, Inc.
https://fairwaves.co