Stopping Gerrit on Sunday

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Wed Jun 1 16:36:11 UTC 2016

> On Jun 1, 2016, at 12:01 PM, Max <msuraev at sysmocom.de> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> I don't think hasty decisions would benefit anyone. Personally I favor
> gerrit over patchwork because it's easier for me to grab particular
> patch, fix it and than send back for review with gerrit taking care of
> versioning, jenkins (re)test etc. I also have an impression that gerrit
> gives better overview of awaiting patches which decrease the chance that
> some patch would be "lost" in ML.

+1

If you're not going to be convinced to transition to evil proprietary closed software, Gerrit is pretty nice for patch submitters and does seem to offer good CI integration and overviews.

There are some serious advantages to GitHub, beyond ease of use and efficiency though.

You can see where we transitioned (Early 2010) from just mailing list patches to using GitHub.

	https://www.openhub.net/p/freeradius (See contributors Per Month graph)

-Arran

FreeRADIUS Development Team