Need Help In installing openBSC for establishing GSM network with EDGE support

Sipos Csaba sipos.csaba at kvk.uni-obuda.hu
Fri Jul 22 16:15:37 UTC 2016

Dear Tom,

> Some parts of that wiki page are probably out of date

That is correct. I am more than happy to update the manual, just let me know when the Osmo-BTS and Osmo-TRX master branches are ready for use. If I remember correctly you said that some outstanding pathes are still not merged and you are working on it.

Besides testing the latest (mainly EDGE related) modifications and swtich Osmo-BTS to the master branch, the manual is quite recent (compared to other parts of the wiki) and I tried it and it works. In time we can expand it with MCBTS and the SIP connector part (instead of the mISDN which increases the complexitiy of the installation process for new comers).

So, just let me know when you think its ready, and I will retest and redo the outdated part of the Wiki.

Regards,
Csaba