dynamic PDCH

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Wed Jul 6 11:03:10 UTC 2016

> I am Tiger.  Glad to connect with you.From osmo-bts commitment I see you are
> working on dynamic PDCH which I think is a breakthrough.   Is it working now?
> It looks like only support PDCH and Full TCH switch,right?

Hi Tiger,

thanks for your comments and enquiry!

I am still working on TCH/F <-> PDCH switching for the osmo-bts-trx SDR
platform, but for ip.access nanobts, SysmoBTS and the litecell15, dynamic
TCH/F <-> PDCH switching is already functional.

TCH/F <-> PDCH could be called the ip.access compatibility mode, as it uses
ip.access vendor specific messages to activate and deactivate PDCH on a
TCH/F_PDCH timeslot.

There are plans to include TCH/H as well, using a different vendor specific
extension. Though development has not commenced yet, which will depend on
funding by interested parties.

See:
http://osmocom.org/issues/1565
http://osmocom.org/issues/1757

BTW, Tiger, you have contacted my private email address. Instead, I'm replying
from my sysmocom address, Bcc to you and copying to our mailing list, which
would be the most appropriate place for questions on osmocom development.

~Neels

--
- Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de>          http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Alt-Moabit 93