osmo-bts: Repository write acces / Gerrit migration

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Jul 1 10:21:04 UTC 2016

Dear Tom,

I hope you don't mind me Cc'ing the list, as this question might come up
again.

On Fri, Jul 01, 2016 at 02:42:25AM -0700, Tom Tsou wrote:
> I appear to no longer have write access to the osmo-bts repository.
> "ERROR:gitosis.serve.main:Repository write access denied"
> Can I have write access restored?

As decided at the Osmocom Developer Conference in April 2016, we have
started to use gerrit for a more formalized tool for code review.

The advantages are plentiful, among other things submitted patches are
running through 'make distcheck' on several supported platforms before
even being eligible to merge.

Please see
https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Gerrit
for a short intro in how to use it.  There are instructions both for
submitting patches against master, as well as for pushing to
user-private branches.