RFC MNCC to SIP bridge

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Feb 27 11:29:15 UTC 2016

Hi Holger,

I'm sorry for again making this more complex than neccessary.  It's up
to you whether you would like to go down that route, of course :)

I found the following specifications that relate to how existing classic
GSM/3GPP call control is mapped to SIP and vice versa (unfortunately
typically over BICC as intermediate, but BICC is closer to 04.08 CC).
In the context of interoperability with IMS this might be worth
investigating:

* 3GPP CS interworking with BICC/ISUP and SIP-I networks
  http://www.3gpp.org/DynaReport/29164.htm
  http://www.3gpp.org/DynaReport/WiCr--13033.htm
  heavily based on ITU-T Q.1912.5: SIP <-> BICC/ISUP interworking
  https://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-Q.1912.5-200403-I/en

(and as a side-note, ITU-T has actually specified conformance testing
 procedures for SIP in Q.3946.x)

* NcSIP (SIP Between G-MSCs?)
  http://www.3gpp.org/DynaReport/29802.htm
  http://www.3gpp.org/DynaReport/WiCr--320018.htm
  http://www.3gpp.org/DynaReport/WiCr--360025.htm

On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 10:21:56AM +0100, Harald Welte wrote:
> A high-level description seems to be offered in TS 23.284
> (http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/123200_123299/123284/13.00.00_60/ts_123284v130000p.pdf)
>
> http://www.3gpp.org/DynaReport/WiCr--430001.htm contains a list of
> changes made to other 3GPP specs for LCLS support.

There's also a follow-up to that in
http://www.3gpp.org/DynaReport/WiCr--440021.htm