hnbgw should reconnect to CN

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Thu Feb 11 06:54:11 UTC 2016

> On 10 Feb 2016, at 22:47, Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de> wrote:

Hi!

> Next I'd have liked to set the hnbgw_log_info to indicate
>  [DLINP] = { .loglevel = LOGL_DEBUG }
> but DLINP is negative. Does this really have to be as fiendish?
> I guess the INT2IDX() macro doesn't apply here, as it would cause index
> overlaps with the other D* constants. It can be really hard to find my way
> around the Osmo source code, with the little non-obvious things
> accumulating...

well the default is defined where the entire log area is defined. With DL the indication is that it is one library, most likely libosmo-abis. To change the default for the application the config file is the right place. In the hnbgw somebody needs to call logging_vty_add_cmds.

> I did find that much: the reconnect flag passed to
>  osmo_stream_cli_open2()
> is effective only while state == STREAM_CLI_STATE_CONNECTING, i.e. until a
> first connection is established. Now, if upon disconnect, something were
> to set the state back to
>  cli->state = STREAM_CLI_STATE_CONNECTING
> my guess is that the cli_timer_cb() would indeed attempt to reconnect as I
> intend.

Which library and which branch is this coming from?