libosmocore[master]: Catch-up with git version tags

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Wed Dec 14 13:00:14 UTC 2016

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 10:58:12PM +0000, Holger Freyther wrote:
> Patch Set 1: Code-Review-1
>
> The point of TODO-RELEASE is to remember ABI changes. An ABI change requires increasing the version number of the .so files (see the libtool link in Makefile.am for exact rules but we only bump for incompatible versions).

Another point here could be that we can't just create a new minor tag without
checking this? Does our non-existent policy dictate that an ABI version change
should cause a bump in a "middle" version number?

i.e. if a commit has been merged that has ABI changes and I want to tag a
commit in order to reference it from another project's configure.ac, am I
forced to make a bigger version bump than just 0.9.4 -> 0.9.5?

All this would be good topics for the next OsmoDevCon...

~N