Paging not answered in m2m call

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Wed Dec 7 17:13:10 UTC 2016

> On 07 Dec 2016, at 17:52, Kristian Martens <kristian.martens at ng4t.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,

Hi!

> two UEs (A and B) are successfully registered in a network. Now A tries
> to call B. B is paged by the core via A interface but the sysmoBSC/BTS
> does not seem to page the UE (or UE does not answer paging). What could
> be the reason for this behaviour? How could the problem be debugged?
> Please find the attached pcap for your reference.

nice MNC! The P-TMSI doesn't really look that random but it might be an
index into an internal data structure?

So on A this looks right. The LAI is 262-79-1 and this is where you are
paging. In general it might be:

* osmo-bsc doesn't translate this to actual paging. E.g. not linking/
handling the location area identifier. You could trace the RSL protocol
and see if a paging command is being sent (periodically) to the BTS?

* The MS still has a radio channel open. I notice that clear command is
being sent so this is unlikely to be the case. Also IMSI seems to be
match.. maybe the MS still calculates the paging group wrongly? That is
far fetched though.

holger