osmo-iuh-3G_2016_09

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Dec 7 11:59:20 UTC 2016

Dear Radiarisainana,

On Tue, Dec 06, 2016 at 07:17:58PM +0000, Radiarisainana Sitraka wrote:
> I would also ask if the osmo-iuh-3G_2016_09

I recommend to use the latest version of all branches, not some tag in
the repo.

> support the new sfr-femto tha sfr sold now (for 90 euro) or it's not
> available only for le old sfr femto !?Is it possible also for the new
> femtocell vodafone signal secure 3 !? (and if it's possible I would
> like to konw how to find Tx-Rx-GND for this femto)

You will need a 3G femtocell / small cell where you can access the Iuh
interface.  That's all we can say.  We have no access to and no
information about the femtocells that various operators may be selling
to customers, sorry.

If you obtained the femtocell from an operator, that operator will
normally make sure that this femtocell will always only talk to their
network, and not to any other core network (like your own using
osmo-iuh).  This is a very strange situation, as in most cases you buy
(And pay for) a device, but then the control over that device is still
with a third party.  It's like buying a car, and then the car
manufacturer can decide which roads you can drive on :/  Welcome to the
brave new world.