MGCP logging

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Tue Dec 6 14:01:34 UTC 2016

> On 06 Dec 2016, at 14:16, Kristian Martens <kristian.martens at ng4t.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Harald,

Hey!

> thank you for your answer. Yes, the call agent requests a new connection to the MGW. And it gets an answer. Mostly it fails, and suddenly, one time, it was OK and I wanted to find out the reason for this strange behaviour (see attached pcap). I also wanted to have the log output inside the specific log file. So do I need to specify the log file section again in the osmo-bsc-mgcp.cfg as it is in osmo-bsc.cfg? Could this be the reason why I do not find MGCP log messages in it?

in contrib/mgcp_server.py we have a small python piece to send CRCX/MDCX/DLCX to the GW. I have not tried to replay your message but you could modify the utility. Just looking at the trace I see that a dynamic payload type is used but it is not mapped to an audio codec. This is problematic and might be the origin of your issue. Our SDP code is not great but I think it started to understand codec name to payloadtype mapping.

The other fun thing is that it starts to accept it. For replayed messages it should have a cached (the last) result. Was there any other message in between?

holger