osmo-trx binary can't be moved between "same" CPUs

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 15:33:32 UTC 2016

The second CPU is missing sse4_1/2.

So if you want to build on a CPU with SSE4, but run on a CPU without
it - use a hack like the one we're using to build for Atom (older
versions don't have SSE4).
http://cgit.osmocom.org/osmo-trx/commit/?h=fairwaves/master&id=e1501c24cd4325644c92ecbf13a7e5fe87ed64aa

You can find an original thread where we discussed it with Holger and
my suggestion was to include this patch by default, so that DEB builds
can run on any recent hardware.

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 6:17 PM, Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de> wrote:
> Hi osmo-trx folks,
>
> I'd like to draw your attention to https://osmocom.org/issues/1869 --
> "osmo-trx binary cannot be moved to similar CPU"
>
> Has anyone seen this before and/or is up to the task of fixing it?
>
> Thanks!
>
> ~N
>
> --
> - Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de>          http://www.sysmocom.de/
> * sysmocom - systems for mobile communications GmbH
> * Alt-Moabit 93
> * 10559 Berlin, Germany
> * Sitz / Registered office: Berlin, HRB 134158 B
> * Geschäftsführer / Managing Directors: Harald Welte

Alexander Chemeris.
CEO, Fairwaves, Inc.
https://fairwaves.co