broken build, reverting CHREQ_T_PDCH_ONE_PHASE and CHREQ_T_PDCH_TWO_PHASE

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Dec 2 12:48:19 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 02, 2016 at 01:43:40PM +0100, Neels Hofmeyr wrote:
> > From that point of view, the static_assert is highly questionable in
> > openbsc.git
>
> I'm glad that we have the assert, otherwise we would be writing past the
> array's end without noticing now...

I would rather have code that doesn't have such assumptions in the
firstp place, without relying on the fact that an enum of a library
doesn't extend in the future.

I see the assert more as a hack around code with broken assumption.

> What did you have in mind?

I don't have the time right now to study the particular code in
question, sorry.  It will hav to wait for another 10 or 20 other things
on my ever growing stack of todo items :/