RBS 2308 Protocol Error

Sipos Csaba sipos.csaba at kvk.uni-obuda.hu
Thu Dec 1 22:25:15 UTC 2016

Hi,

Maybe its not completely related, but my experience with Nokia Site is to use full E1 timeslots (64kbit) for RSL and OML signalling, otherwise it is not working, and this is not a Nokia limitation.

Just try using:

rsl e1 line 0 timeslot 1 sub-slot full

and for the rest:

  timeslot 0
    phys_chan_config CCCH+SDCCH4
    hopping enabled 0
    e1 line 0 timeslot 2 sub-slot 0
   timeslot 1
    phys_chan_config TCH/F
    hopping enabled 0
    e1 line 0 timeslot 2 sub-slot 1
   timeslot 2
    phys_chan_config TCH/F
    hopping enabled 0
    e1 line 0 timeslot 2 sub-slot 2
   timeslot 3
    phys_chan_config TCH/F
    hopping enabled 0
    e1 line 0 timeslot 2 sub-slot 3

   timeslot 4
    phys_chan_config TCH/F
    hopping enabled 0
    e1 line 0 timeslot 3 sub-slot 0
   timeslot 5
    phys_chan_config TCH/F
    hopping enabled 0
    e1 line 0 timeslot 3 sub-slot 1
   timeslot 6
    phys_chan_config TCH/F
    hopping enabled 0
    e1 line 0 timeslot 3 sub-slot 2
   timeslot 7
    phys_chan_config TCH/F
    hopping enabled 0
    e1 line 0 timeslot 3 sub-slot 3

And don't forget to configure the BTS Abis allocation accordingly!

Also for DAHDI, you will need to use the correct config with CCS signalling. This is an example for the system.conf for an E1 based BTS:

span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=1-31

Regards,
Csaba