revert policy?

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Thu Aug 11 10:41:52 UTC 2016

Hi list,

I'd like to gauge your opinions on how to handle reverts:

On the one hand, it is good to keep the revert as an exact reverse of the
original commit.

On the other hand, it may be good to include an in-code comment in the revert
to clarify the details for future readers. If both the revert and the comment
happen in the same commit, 'git blame' nicely shows that they are related.

I would tend towards keeping the revert "clean" and adding comments in a
separate commit -- how would you handle this?

Thanks,
~Neels

--
- Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de>          http://www.sysmocom.de/