OsmoBTS -> libosmogsm code migration

Vadim Yanitskiy axilirator at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 13:51:40 UTC 2016

Hi Max,

Thanks for your reply!

> I think extending utils/conv_gen.py is the way to go because it will
> allow us to have concise description of the convolutional codes in one
> place and as close to the description in standards as possible.

Ok, I will keep your opinion in my mind.

> Could you specify which files exactly are you referring to? Also you can
> use 'git blame' to clarify authorship.

No problem, they are:

 - gsm0503_conv.c
 - gsm0503_interleaving.c
 - gsm0503_mapping.c
 - gsm0503_parity.c
 - gsm0503_tables.c

Almost all the gsm0503_*, excluding the 'gsm0503_coding.*'.
Thank you for this hint, this command is very usable! :)

> I don't think library functions should do any sort of logging by itself
> (unless it's a logging functions of course :)
> Instead they should return clearly distinguishable values and let caller
> do the logging as they see fit.

I am agree with you. It's time to use return codes.

Have a nice day!

With best regards,
Vadim Yanitskiy.