proliferation of repositories + branches (Re: osmo-combo build script)

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Apr 28 12:57:13 UTC 2016

An unrelated note:

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 01:43:54PM +0200, Neels Hofmeyr wrote:
> ...and I see that libosmocore and openbsc are in fact included from the
> fairwaves github repositories.

Can we please work together to skip further proliferation of branches,
let alone repositories? This really troubles me.

fairwaves have full commit access to the respective projects on
git.osmocom.org, so I don't really think it is wise to further
proliferate different repositories.

The work should be focussed on merging and unifying the codebase, rather
than further forking and confusing every single user and developer.

We need one version of the code that works for everyone, particularly
for core components like the libraries.

Thanks for your attention.