osmo-combo build script

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 19:27:36 UTC 2016

On Apr 26, 2016 2:04 PM, "Neels Hofmeyr" <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 06:35:42PM +0200, Alexander Chemeris wrote:
> But, hold on, are you actually mirroring the osmo* source trees in that
> repository? Makes it kind of hard to contribute back to upstream, right?
>
> I'd prefer to have just the Makefile, which (as a rainbow unicorn) could
> also clone the git sources if not present...

Not sure you can call it a unicorn, may be rather a gnucorn..

This script is using git submodules to "symlink" all dependencies. So
subdirectories look like normal git repos and you can work with them
individually, as well as perform batch operations.

You can google details, but here are a couple links which come up on the
top of my google search and have relevant information:
https://chrisjean.com/git-submodules-adding-using-removing-and-updating/
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5542910/how-do-i-commit-changes-in-a-git-submodule

Alexander Chemeris
CEO Fairwaves, Inc.