OsmoDevCon 2016 update

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Apr 6 12:52:16 UTC 2016

Dear attendees of OsmoDevCon 2016,

below are some updates regarding OsmoDevCon 2016

= Lunch Catering =

OsmoDevCon lunch catering has been finalized by now.  I wanted to
try some change by having (authentic) thai food, but unfortunately that
didn't work out and we're back to our trusted old suppliers for all of
the lunches.  More details are available on
http://projects.osmocom.org/projects/openbsc/wiki/OsmoDevCon2016

= Dinner Catering =

In terms of dinner catering, we didn't plan/schedule anything yet.  I
know it was a request to have it and we introduced it (last year?) but
I didn't have time to actively look for a sponsor for this in 2016,
sorry.

If you think it's important, I can try to get something organized for
dinner too, but there's not much time left.  It might be easier to
simply go out in 2-3 groups, order pizza from the place down the road or
even place a larger 'a la carte' order from another place.

= Schedule / Talks =

Thre's already a list of topics listed at the wiki, specifically:
http://projects.osmocom.org/projects/openbsc/wiki/OsmoDevCon2016#TalksDiscussions

I think we still have plenty of slots for talks, presentations,
discussions, workshops, you name it.

Each of you: Please take some time to think about

a) topics that you would be able to contribute to the event by
   giving a talk or leading a discussion or workshop

b) topics that you would like to hear about from somebody else

Even if we do the actual scheduling ad-hoc at the event itself, it still
is useful to have some advance notice about the topics, as the
speaker(s) will need to prepare accordingly.

= Attendance =

If you have registered but will not attend, please let us know as we can
still adjust the amount of food we get delivered, and we might offer
your seat to somebody else.

If you did not register but are an active contributor to the project(s)
and would like to attend, let me know, too.  I will let you know if
somebody cancels their attendance.

Looking forward to meeting all of you in Berlin soon.