Motorola Horizon macro BTS available for free

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Sep 20 16:00:08 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I am getting rid of some old hardware to make space for new stuff.

The most bulky item in my collection is a Motorola Horizon macro BTS.

If you don't know it, check out
http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/Motorola_Horizon_macro in the
OpenBSC wiki.

IMPORTANT: Due to the large deviations of Motorola from standard GSM,
this BTS does not have an Abis interface and thus is not compatible with
OpenBSC!

Still, it contains some interesting electronics, including the 40W PAs
and hybrid combiner/duplexers.

The unit comes with three TRX (as on the pictures linked above), as well
as my custom-made serial cable to access the console port of all three
main processors, see
http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/Motorola_Horizon_macro/MCUF_Console

You can have it free of charge if you take care of shipping.

Please contact me privately if you are interested.