DAHDi support broken (with DAHDI 2.7.0 onwards)

Sipos Csaba sipos.csaba at kvk.uni-obuda.hu
Sat Sep 12 16:19:05 UTC 2015

Dear Harald,

This is probably no the best moment, but as the original implementer of DAHDI support in OpenBSC, maybe you can fix this.

It seems that DAHDI 2.7.0 breaks the compatibility with OpenBSC. I think the only thing they changed is the way you need to refer to the E1 device in /dev and because of that, OpenBSC will not going to find the DAHDI device and give an error in that regard. The last time I checked (around version 2.9) this was the only problem, otherwise OpenBSC compiles fine with DAHDI.

Anyway, the use of DAHDI 2.6.3 (the latest which works with OpenBSC) forces us to use very old kernels (and OSes), and I am quite sure we are not the only ones still using OpenBSC with E1. :-)

I hope you will have some time and take a quick look into this.

If you dont have any E1 based hardware anymore, I am more than happy to help you and test the fix on our (Nokia InSite, MetroSite, Ultrasite based) system.

Thank you!

Regards,
Csaba